The Weekend School focuses on teaching Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Quran Recitation. It is open to all children in the community. Classes are held from September until May.
To enroll a child in the Weekend School, a parent/guardian must fill out an application form and pay a $40/child per academic year enrollment fee. Parents/guardians are also required to sign a consent/emergency form for each child they wish to enroll. The school provides the necessary books and supplies for each child. Each child keeps his/her books at the end of the school year.
The minimum fee for maintaining this function at the Islamic center is $50 per family/per month. Please make payment at the beginning of the month. However, no child will be denied admission to the School or will be dismissed for lack of funds or financial contribution.
Classes are run by qualified teachers and volunteers will assist in teaching the classes and organizing activities. If you wish to volunteer, please fill a volunteer form and give it to one of the teachers.
The objective of the Weekend School is to teach the children to:
· become believing and practicing Muslims;
· believe in Allah in their hearts and be aware of their duties toward Him;
· become proficient in speaking, reading, and writing Arabic;
· learn proper Quran recitation skills and memorize short Surahs of Quran;
· learn the teachings and practices of the Quran and Islam;
· develop character, good manners and a respectful demeanor by learning from examples of the life of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and his companions;
· understand the significance of being Muslims in a non-Muslim community and be able to relate Islamic beliefs and teachings to non-Muslims in a coherent way.
Children will be placed into classes primarily by school level, as follows.
· Level 1: Preschool-Kindergarten (ages 4-5). The minimum age is 4 and the child must be potty trained and able to follow instructions.
· Level 2: Grades 1–2 (ages 6-7)
· Level 3: Grades 3–5 (ages 8-10)
· Level 4/5: Grades 6-8 (middle school level, ages 11-13) or high school ages 14 and up
Islamic Center of Northwest florida
We bear witness there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His servant and messenger